Tuesday 22 November 2011

Mahadevan sings to son's tune in Marathi film


 Mumbai,-Music composer Shankar Mahadevan
literally sang his son's tune, at the music release of Marathi
film "Swapna Tujhe Ni Majhe", here.
     "I am a proud father today," the singer-composer said as
he sought good wishes for son Siddharth and nephew Soumil who
are making their debut as composers with the film.
     Mahadevan performed the number "Parmeshwara saath de"
from the film. Singer Shreya Ghoshal, who was present at the function
here last night, lauded the young musician duo, saying
"Siddharth and Soumil are the youngest music directors I have
sung for."
     Film producer Sachin Bhalinge said the film, slated for
release on December 23, is meant to convey the message among
youth to 'return to the village' and use latest technology to
ensure rural development.
     Music composers Ehsan Noorani and Loy Mendonsa, part of
the 'Shankar Ehsaan Loy' triumvirate and percussionist and
composer Taufiq Qureshi were there to cheer the young music
composers. Actor Sachin, music composer Ashok Patki, Durga
Jasraj, Subodh Bhave and Avdhoot Gupte honoured cast and crew
of the film.
     "Swapna Tujhe Ni Majhe", made by Namdeo Umaji Cine Arts,
features actors Milind Gunaji, Omkar Karve, Neha Joshi, Nitin
Paregaonkar, Anita Vishwasrao, Sanchit Yadav, Sham Thombre and
Medha Gokhale. It is directed by Ashok Kambli.
     Bhalinge was all praise for the film's lyricist Manoj
Yadav. "It is hard to believe that a non-Marathi person has
written such beautiful lyrics," he said.
     US-based IT entrepreneur Anirudh Joglekar said he was
so impressed with the 'soul-stirring' music of the film that
he has ordered 1,000 CDs for distribution among the Marathi
populace there.

'Race 2' to release in November, 2012
Mumbai,-Saif Ali Khan starrer 'Race 2', the
sequel to 2008 hit 'Race', will revisit cinema screens on
November 30, next year.
Directed by Abbas Mustan and produced by Ramesh Taurani,
the film began shooting earlier this year. 'Race 2' wrapped up
its first schedule in Mumbai yesterday and now gears up for
the next.
"Race 2 releases November 30 next year. We felt it was
just the right date to release our film," Taurani said.
"Race 2 is in the same genre and will be made on as grand
a scale as the original. We will be shooting in Turkey and
Cyprus next. The story has plenty of twists and turns and
every character will have gray shades," Abbas Mastan said.
The multi-starrer stars Saif, John Abraham, Deepika
Padukone, Bipasha Basu, Anil Kapoor and Ameesha Patel.

Tom Cruise in India on December 2
     Mumbai,-Hollywood star Tom Cruise is coming
to India for promotions of 'Mission Impossible 4 Ghost
Protocol' on December two.
    Tom Cruise, Anil Kapoor and Vaicom 18 will host the
biggest India's fan screening in Mumbai where the biggest fans
of the international actor will get a chance to see the film,
before the world sees it.
    About 1500 people will get a chance to see the film with
the visiting actor two weeks before its release in India. The
audience will be chosen from across the country from a contest
on answering simple details about Tom Cruise and the film.
    Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, who have all distribution and
marketing rights of all Paramount Pictures Films are keeping
all information under wraps.
    Anil Kapoor confirmed the fan screening but said its too
premture to talk about it.

Katy Perry dismissed pregnancy reports
London,-Singer Katy Perry has quashed
pregnancy rumours, saying her bulging belly is all due to fast
food.
The 'I Kissed a Girl' hitmaker, who sparked the baby
rumours when she appeared to be sporting a fuller figure at
the American Music awards, Contactmusic reported.
"I like In-N-Out Burger and Taco Bell and if you want to
make that pregnant that's your problem," she said.
Perry is set to complete her California Dreams tour on
November 23 after 123 but babies are not something that she
and husband Russell Brand are looking forward to.
"I still love drinking alcohol so not yet," she added.

Acting was not my first love: Arjun Rampal
New Delhi,-He has been in the industry for
over a decade and has given hits like 'Om Shanti Om', 'Rock
On' and 'Rajneeti' but actor Arjun Rampal says acting was not
his first love as he wanted to join the army.
Rampal, who started his career in the industry with 2001
release 'Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat', said acting happened
by chance.
"I always wanted to get into army considering I was
brought up in that environment, I saw my grandfather fighting
for the country and always living a disciplined life.
"I also wanted to make a difference but I guess life had
some different plans and I became an actor. I met Rohit Bal
and got my first break as a model and since then it has never
been looking back. I definitely don't regret making the
choice," Rampal told here.
Although the 38-year-old's initial years in the industry
were rough he says he didn't let the bad times break him down.
"Their was a time when I had lost faith in myself and
would sit at home and get frustrated and worried that no one
is going to offer me work but at that time my family was my
biggest support.
"The only thing which kept me going then was that I have
to prove people wrong who think that I can't act. Today, I am
confident about myself and proud that I was considered to do
such a big event like F1 and was able to put up a great show
with Lady Gaga," Rampal added.

Chitrangada happy to make foray into commercial cinema
     Mumbai,-Hot Actress Chitrangada Singh is excited
about her first commercial release 'Desi Boyz' with Akshay
Kumar and John Abraham but says the shift from off-beat cinema
was not planned.
     Chitrangada became famous with her role in Sudhir
Mishra's 'Hazaron Khwahishen Aisi' (2003) and her second film
'Kal' in 2005. But then she vanished from the big screen for
three years only to return with director Onir's film 'Sorry
Bhai' in 2008 followed by Mishra's another film 'Yeh Saali
Zindagi' this year.
     "What is different about commercial films is there are
so many changes like there is so much of make-up, different
hair styles, slow motion shots etc. The exciting part was you
glam-up for a role, you dance, you have those fantastic
clothes, high heels and that whole girly thing," Chitrangada
told PTI in an interview.
     "In the end a girl is a girl, we all love these things. I
had a great time doing all this," she said.
     Chitrangada is officially foraying into commercial cinema
with Rohit Dhawan's 'Desi Boyz' opposite Akshay Kumar.
     "I don't think it is like a plan that I would do now do
commercial films. I enjoy it and I hope I can carry it
forward. Its a good shift. Like I did off beat films for some
time and now I will to do this for some time," she said.
     Ask her about promotional strategies for both kind of
cinema, Chitrangada, feels, commercial cinema brings in more
recognition and connects with a larger audience.
     "Promotions are stronger for commercial films. The
numbers, the budget is high for marketing, there is a proper
team. When there is a niche film you do it on that level. It
is a great and different experience," she said.

Last season winner Shweta Tiwari not a
 big fan of 'Bigg Boss'
     Mumbai,-TV actress Shweta Tiwari, who won
the last season of 'Bigg Boss', is not a fan of the popular
reality show as she finds hardly anything interesting in it.
    In fact, she says she has never really watched any episode
of the show since only 'hatred' is shown to viewers while the
'fun-element' is edited.
     "I have never watched any season of Bigg Boss because
I don't find it interesting. I went into the house because the
money they offered me was huge and there was no way I could
say no to it. While I was there in the house, we used to play
kho-kho every evening and had lots of fun but all they
showed was fights and hatred," Shweta told here.
     "Though Dolly Bindra was abusive but like everyone else,
she had positive points too, but nobody was interested in
that. Veena Malik used to recite to us verses from the Quran,
she even learnt to chant the Gayatri mantra, but all this was
never shown," she said.
      Meanwhile, talking about her career and future plans,
the actor says that she is open to any role that is exciting.
     "I am not obsessed about doing films. I will not sit at
home hoping for a film to come my way. Also, it is not like I
am choosy about doing films. I don't ask which banner is
making the film. What I look for is that the role should
excite me. I don't want to be there just looking pretty and
doing nothing," she said.
     Shweta feels women get to dominate the small screen.
     "I feel women are ruling the small screen while men rule
the big screen. As most TV shows are women-centric, actresses
get to perform strong women characters on small screen. Also,
because there are more women who comprise the audience base
for television shows...they sympathise, relate to the
protagonists in daily soaps," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment